HIST is a well-developed provincial university. Founded in 1939, it was renamed Henan Institute of Science and Technology in May 2004 with the approval of the Ministry of Education.
The school is located in the national civilized city and national health city - Xinxiang City, Henan Province, covering an area of 2,176 acres, with a campus area of 640,000 square meters. Over the past 80 years since its establishment, the university has covered nine major disciplines, including agriculture, engineering, science, management, education, literature, economics, law and art, with 21 academic schools, consisting 67 undergraduate programs. There are 29,177 full-time students. The library has a total of 3.09 million volumes (types) of various literature resources and more than 1,500 Chinese and foreign language periodicals.
There are 137 professors and other senior professional and technical personnel, 443 associate professors and other associate senior professional and technical personnel, and more than 569 doctoral tutorandmaster tutors.
The school is Henan development organization of doctoral degree authorization project. It owns 12 first-level authorized disciplines of academic master degree and 7 authorized disciplines of professional master degree. The school is the first batch of "national key construction vocational education teacher training base" and "National higher technical and vocational teacher training base" identified by the Ministry of Education.
HIST focuses on promoting open education and it has actively carried out international academic exchanges and cooperation.HIST has established friendly and cooperative relations with over 20 universities in the most than 10 countries such as United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Ukraine etc. It has conducted cooperation in running schools with the University of South Australia, established Sino-Ukraine International Joint Graduate School with Sumy National Agrarian University, Ukraine. It is also in the process of collaboratively declare a project for an institution of Chinese-foreign cooperation in running schools as a non-independent legal entity. It co-constructed HIST-ECU Lab of Crop Genomics and Genetic Improvement with East Carolina University, built an automation lab with Rockwell Automation of the United States, and established Agricultural and Animal Husbandry Science and Technology Demonstration Center in Kyrgyzstan. Meanwhile, foreign experts from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, etc. are employed to teach throughout the year.
I.Category, length of study, conditions and material requirements for international students
Note:1. According to the Measures for the Administration of Recruitment and Training of International Students, jointly formulated by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Public Security, the applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen with good health and good conduct, willing to abide by the laws of the Chinese government and the rules and regulations of the university, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people.
2. All application materials other than the application form and copy of passport shall be notarized copies, which shall be translated into Chinese or English and notarized by the local notary office if the application materials are not in Chinese or English version. All scanned copies shall be sent to the email box (email@example.com).
3. The above application materials will not be returned regardless of admission.
4. The enrollment of students in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region and Taiwan, as well as the enrollment of children of foreign nationals in China shall be conducted in accordance with other relevant national regulations.
Ⅱ. Catalogue of majors for degree students
1. International Undergraduate Majors in HIST: International Economics and Trade
2. International Postgraduate Majors in HIST
1. Tuition fee
2. Accommodation fee
3.Other relevant expenses
Note: International students must purchase the insurance during the studying in HIST. The medical insurance purchased by international students shall include at least personal accident and hospitalization medical insurance. International students can purchase medical insurance by themselves before coming to China, or after arriving HIST.
Ⅸ. Registration time and enrollment plan
Registration time: March 1 to August 31 every year.
Enrollment plan: 15-30 students/year for undergraduates; 3-6 students/year for postgraduates.
Students can apply for scholarships for foreign students of Henan province and Presidential Scholarship of HIST (see Attachment 2) in accordance with the requirements of the notice of enrollment for the government scholarship program for foreign students in Henan Province.
Ⅵ. Examination and Admission
1. After the applicant submits all the application materials, HIST will review the application. The university may request the applicant to provide supplementary materials as the circumstances require.
2. The university will select applicants according to their high school or university grades or above and their comprehensive language ability.
3. The university will usually send the admission materials of Admission Letter for International Students of HIST and Application Form for the Visa of Foreign Students to China to the applicant by international express within 15 working days after the approval of the application material.
1. The successful applicant shall apply for Study Visa in the Chinese embassies or consulates in foreign countries with the Admission Letter for International Students of HIST, Application Form for the Visa of Foreign Students to China and Physical Examination Report, etc. (It should implement according to the epidemic prevention and control policy of the People's Republic of China during the epidemic)
2. The successful applicant shall register according to the procedure and the time limit as specified by Admission Letter for International Students of HIST by the original Admission Letter for International Students of HIST, Foreigners’ Medical Examination Record, and Application Form for the Visa of Foreign Students to China.
3. Upon registration, the university will check the original application materials. If the original documents are inconsistent with the scanned documents submitted at the time of application, the student’s admission qualification will be cancelled.
Ⅷ. Payment method
Students must pay tuition and accommodation fees at the time of admission in accordance with university regulations.
HIST is located in the southeast of Xinxiang with convenient transportation, about 2km away from Beijing-Hong Kong-Macau expressway intersection, about 7km away from Xinxiang High-Speed Railway Station, about 12 km away from Xinxiang Railway Station, and about 100 km away from Xinzheng International Airport. The students can arrive at HIST from High-Speed Railway Station by a taxi, take bus No. 5 at Railway Station and get off at the terminal station, or take bus No. 55 or bus No. 185 and get off at Xinxiang Medical University Station, take the airport bus at Xinzheng International Airport to Xinxiang International Hotel, then take bus No. 5 and get off at the terminal station.
X. Contact Information
Address: School of International Education, HIST
No. 90, Eastern Hualan Road, Hongqi District, Xinxiang, Henan, PRC
Telephone No.: 86+373+3040705
1. Application Form for International Students Study In HIST
2. Regulations of Presidential Scholarship for International Students of HIST (Interim)
School of International Education
Henan Institute of Science and Technology